Everything you need to know about collecting with matic/wMatic
This guide will break down the process of collecting art on nftreats. We’ll cover:
Buy matic/wMatic using credit/debit cards.
Swapping tokens for Matic
Bridging your funds from the Ethereum Network to the Polygon Network
Wrapping Matic tokens to create ‘wMatic’ (and unwrapping wMatic tokens to create Matic)
To pay for transactions on the Polygon network you need some Matic tokens in your wallet, only a small amount will suffice for many transactions 1$ worth of Matic is enough for hundreds of transactions.
To purchase NFTs on this platform you need both Matic and wMatic tokens. wMatic (also known as Wrapped Matic) is what is used to pay for the NFT is used to pay for the transaction fees (gas fees).
*Matic is the token you should purchase first because you’ll need this to pay for actions on the Polygon network.
Purchasing Matic or wMatic with Credit/Debit card (This is by far the simplest method for obtaining Matic/wMatic.
- Step 1: Go to https://market.nftreats.art/
- Step 2: Hit the sign-in button on the top right and follow the instructions in your metamask wallet (this process will also automatically add the polygon network to your metamask wallet and switch you to that network).
- Step 3: Hit the add funds button
- Step 4: Select ‘add Matic with credit card’
- Step 5: Enter the amount of Matic you’d like to purchase.
- Step 6: Enter the wallet address where you’d like to receive the tokens (you can do this by copying it from metamask as shown in the video).
- Step 7: Enter the mobile number you’d like to associate with this account (this means next time all you need to do is enter your mobile number and security code which will be texted to you, and you won’t need to input all the card details from scratch). Hit continue. Enter the code that has just been sent to your mobile.
- Step 8: Enter your card details and billing details.
- Step 9: Confirm your security code and press ‘confirm and pay’ – you’ll be prompted in your banking app to approve the transaction, once you approve the payment the process is complete and you wait!
- Step 10: The tokens you purchased will show in your metamask wallet within 5-10mins (at the most).
- Step 11: You should receive an email from WERT to confirm the order.
Note: To view wMatic in your metamask wallet you will need to go to this link while connected to the Polygon network, press the little fox icon, to make wMatic visible in your metamask wallet.
Swapping tokens for Matic:
If all your funds are on the Ethereum network and you would like to convert some of it into Matic and send it (this is known as bridging, more on this later) to Polygon, here is how:
- Step 1: Sign in to your metamask wallet and connect to the Ethereum network
- Step 2: Use the swap function in your metamask wallet, select the currency you would like to convert to Matic and select Matic as the currency you want to convert to.
- Step 3: Hit Swap
Voila! You now have Matic in your wallet – there are a couple more steps before you can begin buying that sweet sweet erotic art.
Bridging Matic from Ethereum to Polygon:
The tokens you hold are stored on networks. If you want to use tokens that are stored on the Ethereum network (for example) on the Polygon Network, you need to send them to that network. This process is known as ‘bridging’.
Here is how to bridge your Matic tokens from Ethereum to Polygon so that you can use them there.
- Step 1: Go to this page: https://app.hop.exchange/#/send?token=MATIC
- Step 2: Sign in to your metamask wallet and connect to the Ethereum network
- Step 3: Select Ethereum as the network you would like to send your Matic tokens from.
- Step 4: Select Polygon as the network that you would like to send Matic tokens to.
- Step 5: Press the send button at the bottom of the page, you will be prompted to press send again, press send.
- Step 6: You will receive a message to approve this transaction in your Metamask wallet – press approve to begin the process.
- Step 7: You may receive additional messages to approve – as long as you’re still on the hop.exchange website and haven’t left the page, press approve and the process will continue.
- Step 8: The process should take between 5mins – 15mins. Switch over to the Polygon network and you will see the Matic there!
Wrapped tokens allow for certain functions to be performed with a token that the unwrapped version does not allow. To purchase NFTs on nftreats you need to wrap your Matic tokens, this creates a wrapped version of Matic called wMatic.
Process for wrapping/unwrapping Matic Tokens (includes how to add wMatic to your metamask wallet so it’s visible to you there):
- Step 1: Sign in to your metamask wallet and connect to the Polygon network
- Step 2: Go to this link https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/wmatic and click on the little metamask icon to make sure that wMatic is visible in your metamask wallet (you can do this with any asset that is featured on Coingecko, be sure to select the right network).
- Step 3: Use the swap function in metamask to swap Matic to wMatic (this is the process of wrapping the token – to unwrap, simply swap wMatic back to Matic).
- Step 4: Approve the transaction and wait a minute… and FIN! The wMatic tokens will show in your wallet – remember to always keep some Matic (we advise at least 1Matic) in your wallet so that you can pay for transaction fees, never swap all your Matic for wMatic.